Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Clutter me messy

I have been assigned to do a story on the woman who concieved 'the clutter diet' - wrote a book about it, blogs about it (www.clutterdietblog.com), and is becoming known for it. I still know little about her, or her diet, but I know one thing. As I sit here, on my dining room table in the middle of the living area of my house, I know that clutter is about 40% of the reason my heart stays constricted most of the time. The other reasons are too melodramatic to go into, or not, so for purposes of this blog, let's just say, clutter is not my friend and it doesn't make my heart go pitter patter. Rather, it gives me a headache. So, I think I'll start reading her blog, sign up for it, maybe even heed some of her sage advice. Then maybe, just maybe, when I meet her, I'll touch her arm, and some of her organizational zeal will rub off on me.

Or, I could just get my act together, find a nice big work table I love, organize my perfectly good study already equipped with a decent amount of shelving, and DE-clutter my life.

Granted, things have been topsty turvy, on so many levels, for about a year now. But this year, albeit six weeks into it, I'm settling in. I'm going to quit waiting for something to happen so my productivity level can sore. It's now or never - and I don't mean that in the love-song sense.

1 comment:

  1. I know and really like Lorie Marrero, the clutter guru. She will love you as an interviewer--just as I did. If you get some free tips, pass them along>

    ReplyDelete