Monday, February 16, 2009

Fab Four

Last night, the Fab Four got together at my house. It's rumored that we are talked about in certain circles and even stalked by paparazzi here in Austin. Of course, we made those rumors up ourselves. Nevermind that we are own biggest fans.

It's completely per chance that someone like me happened onto such a distinguished association. Made of only four members (really?), the Fab Four as we girlishly named ourselves, consists of Josephine, eighty-something, Gwen, just eighty, Mary Gordon, who is in her 60's, and me, barely hangin' still in the ballasts of my forties, peering well into the next decade.

My girls met the group last night. They've heard me for two years now shuffle off excitedly to my Fab Four gatherings, and always wondered what all the fantastic anticipation was about. Now, they want to join! That's how cool this group is - my nineteen and twenty-one year old uber-hip daughters want to join.

Josephine is right. We aren't taking any new members. Cause we're not changing our name.

1 comment: